feel of my tour mar 10-16 2011

         They say 'Life is a journey,not a destination'.But at times we feel that a place or two we reached should be our final destination.This is exactly what I felt immediately after reaching  kodaikanal  and  ooty.The very next second ,when tour details were announced  by my friends Shaik and Sumanth who were instrumental in organizing the tour, i was excited by the names of kodai and ooty in the list,because although chennai was my second hometown,I have never been to these places earlier but certainly knows about their grandeur. 

                                                                   
PYKARA waterfalls,OOTY
                                       Yeah,finally the day has come and we departed from Vijayawada to Chennai in Pinakini express.I felt happy that everyone has come over there in time and no tensed moments.The journey was ordinary with no boring moments bcoz I'm with whom? friends..friends..friends who can never be substituted by anyone.Okay,later our guide Mr.Sai ram had arrived in time at Chennai Central arranging a bus for us.He is a kind of man, who doesn't spend anything out of his pocket be it a beer,tiffin or even an entry ticket.But no problem,he is a good one who was mastered in most of the languages and good at heart.We were scheduled to catch our train at 7'o clock in the evening to kodai.In mean time,we managed to have a quick look at Express Avenue at Anna Salai and Marina Beach.

                                                                   
EA,chennai
                                        At Egmore, in the evening we caught our train and had our early dinner.Then started the cold weather which enhanced my happiness.Believe it or not, it was romantic but no dear one aside but most desired ones..friends. Early in the morning at 2.30am on the followed day, we reached Kodai and from there it was a awesome journey for two and a half hours on Ghat road over to KODAIKANAL hill station.
outside kodai cottage
                                        The cold weather,scenic beauties made me mad for a minute and immediately we checked into the cottage what I did was to have a second cigar in my life.Heaven!!I believe nothing is addictive as long as you are centralized and stable,the way I go ahead.Later,we saw everything that deserves to be seen  in KODAI KANAL and the lunch was mediocre over there and in the evening we had a great boat ride over Kodai lake.In the night,we were on our way to ooty.Here, I need to mention that it was thrilling journey because of Ghat road and forest area.To add that,many of my friends suffered from vomits as the road was not a NH way.It was my part of journey to supply water wherever the bus was stopped and You know in the middle of the jungle, i went around for water alone where i heard some undesired sounds at that point of time around 11 in the night.I don't know what the sounds meant but made me walk on my toes supported by my friend,Vinay.cool...later in the morning we reachesd the fantastic ooty waiting for us to show off its beauty.The cottage was a duplex with splendid architecture.

our cottage,ooty
                                    We visited pykhara waterfalls,the suicide spot,the cinema shooting spot where AAWARA fllm song was shot,everything but missed one or two.The most memorable moment over there was the campfire dance. The campfire was lit to dance to your fav songs along with your friends in the night.It was fantastic,awesome ,first of its kind in my life.I enjoyed it thoroughly as it has a open  pub kinda atmosphere where you are provided everything to drink,eat and dance....wah!!!!!later part we witnessed INDIA losing its match to SA in WC match where my GOD century gone wasted....
Tea gardens,OOTY
                                Although,my tour contains Mysore and Bengaluru on the cards,for me ooty and kodai formed the cream of my tour cake.I prefer cream to lifeless cake.What about you friends?
                                 Felt like sharing my feelings,so i'm here.In later part of the year I may not be able to Blog or share these so frequently as I may be in a job or so.I hope to continue to do this to fufill my jounalism thirst and zeal atleast  in this form.
                                                        GOD BLESS ALL
                                                                                           urs venustg

Comments

Popular Posts