Gone are the days !!

                   Gone are the days when I used to sit behind the scooter of my father looking at the both sides of the road swaying my head like a pendulum,gone are the days of fight with my sister or whomever damn it is for a window seat and gone are the days where along with my friends,on a rickshaw to school used to count number of shops, number of trees we passed along on the way.......wow..nostalgia creeping in. Alright!! Have you got any doubt why this fellow is talking about all this...the reason is just a couple of days back,one of my friend inquired an address that falls en route my office which one cannot ignore looking at,while passing by. And you know what, the reply I gave was I do not know. Later, I came to know that, yes, it is there from way back. It is I who passed by it many a times ignored it. Fine, I did not miss the 1 crore rupee question here :). However, it did expose the point that I'm not living in present. Might be the case with many of us.Eventually, realized that may be these days I'm turning out to be a human doing, not a human being.

                As I said above, the child in us is the actual human being oozing with exuberance who always tried to reap the priceless gift called, the present and make the merry while the adult in us as we grow is slightly the opposite. Not all, but I believe a good number are going to take my side. Either we are thinking of past or future letting the golden present slip of our hands putting it in jeopardy. The result, we feel that we are living but in fact not that quality and worth living to boast of.
How many us do our daily chores with a still mind ?
When we are driving how many of us concentrate on the task without letting the useless past or lottery future disturb you?
Another example, when you plug in ear phone to listen music, how many of us feel and enjoy it with a still mind? May be few of us. Many of us get carried away first by the reminiscence the song brings in and then to all other chain of thoughts of your boss, wife, money, debts, girl friend, paycheck, hike, bills  etc,  unaware of the number of songs you missed meanwhile feeling and enjoying. I did check the same with the child of my house owner and got a glimpse of how to live life at that moment. With all enthusiasm filled in his pocket , he listened the music sorry he FELT the music and that feeling brought a cheer smile on his face very invigorating in such a way that it could cure any illness on this bloody planet. The difference is he is not worried of his past or future.All he wanted is,that moment. As we grow up, worries are inevitable. However, it can be steered well enough not allowing it to take a toll on us. The child in fact taught me what Lao Tzu once said...

If you are depressed, you are living in past,
  If you are anxious, you are living in future,
  If you are at peace, you are living in present"
              
Worth reciting it before the start of our day and see the elixir it brings into our lives and feel the difference in the way you handle things when confronted. Do agree that it is easier said than done, since it requires helming the mind of thoughts which is way faster than a missile. That is the reason I do not want to put it here until unless I successfully complete at least a day following what has been  quoted above. Yes folks!!! It is possible.All depends on you, the way you want to live, the way you want to spread the happiness around, the way you want to make a difference, the way you invite quality in to your life. After all, God created us to live not to exist.



Comments

Popular Posts