'Come On Dude !! You can do it tomorrow'

                                                Last week is good for me, for it has taught me something....not to procrastinate anything. Each and every time I promise to myself not to repeat that mistake of postponing again, I end up at taking things down the wire to a bottleneck situation, cursing myself of ineffective handling and once somehow manage to get it done, then again it is as usual. Be it calling a plumber to repair a leaking tap from 'Dhoom 1' time  or a carpenter to get a window shielded properly or pay bills in time where I'm helping the government every time with late fines after due date  or anything one can imagine in our daily life. After being affected badly by it last week, I took time off to check why do I postpone anything?

Is it because I'm afraid of the task?
If it is the fear factor, then definitely it has to be completed to get rid of it even though we do it with fear.

Is it because I really do not have time?(No way ;)))
If I say, I do not have time, Obama, NaMo will slap me for sure.

Do I disorganize  the tasks or condone things?
May be sometimes.


Then realized that I resist change, a change in daily routine. As it is a human tendency to resist change, any change in routine is being not easily assimilated and mind sends positive loss causing suggestions like 'Come On Dude !! You can do it tomorrow'. Ah.. what a wonderful suggestion to an escape characteristic human by default. Come tomorrow, You will be occupied by other task.

Okay. What to do now? Made a list of all tasks eating my brain from past few weeks or months.
Prioritized them on note maker on my overrated iphone. Started finishing one by one. Count decremented , new tasks added meanwhile. But no satisfaction as a gadget can no way match to Pen-paper when it comes to feelings while listing .All the while, One thing I observed is ,each and every time my brain asks Hey dude ,what about Task A ? I have a readymade answer. Look chap, that task will be performed on so and so... It quit convincingly just like a dog being ordered by its master to calm down and  worry rate decreased. A sense of  priceless satisfaction on doing things in time. That is why they say ,when prep is good, the day will be good. It is just the beginning, a new thing, need to make it a hobby.!!






                                               

Comments

Popular Posts