Saw an angel among mortals(Episode -1[Saw an angel])

Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

It was 3.30 pm when I reached the airport to catch the 4.30 pm flight.Could have been better if I were little early but felt I have enough time if I made it through the security line.I checked in through the airline app so just went ahead to the security line.The line was not as bad as I expected like the ticket queue of a first day Rajnikanth film.An uncle behind me was pushing  me forward with his beer belly and a teenager was in front with a Bose headset.I have to somehow buy that,I thought.The IT guy further front was speaking over the phone.I could hear the words client,ticket number,target date missed,install,abend etc.Perhaps,the daily stand up with his on shore team,I thought,as these were the jargons of my day to day life too.And then I heard the voice of a girl in argument with the security.I saw her from the back.Blue jeans,green top,pony tail and a gold chain in the neck visible enough 50 ft.I had the experience of getting disappointed in these scenarios when they turn back.Let's see this time,I thought.It turned out that the argument was about carrying a food item in the carry on.I saw she unwillingly throw it to the trash and turn back to pick her items on the scanner belt.Man,what a beautiful woman!!Lucky was the guy who would marry her,I thought.To my eyes,people around her looked blur.She looked odd and didn't fit into that setting.She looked like an angel among the little crowd,the mortals.Ting!,came a watsapp notification from my mom asking if I made it through the security.'Almost',I replied. I raised my arms for the security check but my eyes were fixed on her,wearing shoes.By the time I picked up my items,she was not seen. Disappointed,I was glad that I would be catching the flight on time.

I went straight to board the flight.I sat in the aisle seat of the left bay and looked up.I saw her entering the flight,the flight attendant welcoming.I didn't expect her to sit in either middle or window seat of my row.I knew my luck! My eyes voluntarily blurred the  two attendants,other passengers and focused only on her.She came and sat at diagonal  aisle seat of mine on the right bay.No further thoughts but I just kept observing her now & then.Then came a couple who were to sit one in my row and one in her row.The lady sat there and the gent here in my row.I saw the lady initiating conversation with her and suddenly saw her standing and taking her luggage."Is she getting off the plane?",I questioned myself."No way!".The gent next to me also rose and requested me to make way for for him.She came towards and signaled that she needs to get to the window seat of my row. I comprehended the deal set by that lady with her.I thanked her a million for steering this in my way.Why was the universe conspiring in favor of me,I questioned Paulo Coelho.

I looked at her closely for the first time.The middle seat was still not occupied and I do not want it either.The poison perfume of her's drove me crazy.Suddenly,I became artificial and I knew it.My body language changed,my head was rotating 180 degrees like a table fan capturing her glimpse at each rotation.My hand was involuntarily going on to each part of my face,madly looking at each passenger passing by.I tried to grab the magazines,skimmed through it not reading anything.I desperately wanted to initiate conversation.But how? 
Next moment,I was shocked and happy at the same time when she inquired "Excuse me! I see you using Iphone,Do you have the cable?" 
'Steve jobs,thank you!'(Self talk)
"Why",Said I. dumbo ME !!  
"Yes,I do.".Took the cable from the back pack and gave it to her.
"Thank you,I forgot the cable in a hurry.By the way,I'm Geetha."
"Krishna",said I.Yes,my name is Krishna.
"I saw you at the security line",told Geetha. So,she noticed me.She noticed me! Girls are not that innocent,I thought.
"You must have been tired of the argument",I remarked.
"That's crazy! Did I put up a scene? Anyways,what do you do?",Geetha asked.
"Software",said I.
"Me too,going home for the weekend.These low fare flights made life easier.I will be home dinner time",said Geetha updating Facebook check in.
We conversed well about our offices,of course on bosses and exchanged mobile numbers.Glad she gave it.Normally this doesn't happen,I might have presented myself trustworthy! Her watsapp DP was amazing by the way.Stalker Krishna!! I wanted to ask her last name to check it out on FB and her house address but didn't dare to,for the fear of coming across as a despo.

The plane landed in an hour and half.We bid good bye saying "let us be in touch."

I took the uber to reach my house and it was getting dark.

As I opened the gate halfway(such a way that one could easily see through the narrow gap),heard the sound of another gate opening.I turned back curiously to see where it was from.To my surprise,she almost looked like Geetha.  

"Geetha!! What was she doing here?" I thought and said 'Hey'.

She didn't bother and went inside.I was hurt.Was that the meaning of "Let us be in touch"?

"Gate mooditu ulla va pa(Close the gate and come inside)",said my grand pa.

My grand pa was a 70 year old retired government servant.He was sitting outside on his relaxing chair. Mom was cutting vegetables for the dinner.Dad was not home yet.The servant was watering the plants.

As I hugged mom,grand pa asked- 'how was it?'.
The Ayan Rand book in my armpit slipped."Grand pa,umm..umm" - said I.
Immediately,he said - "I asked about the flight journey!".
Witty grand pa!,did he just see the scene at the gate?,I thought. 
I went inside,took steps to go the penthouse room which my grand pa built for my father when he was young.It was my room now.While taking bath,I was only thinking about the treatment I got at the gate.Should I text her? Why should she do that? Should I call Shekar and ask his opinion were my questions.I had delicious home dinner after three months of eating outside food.But I couldn't eat much.I thought of inquiring about front house folks but didn't. I went upstairs and lighted a Marlboro.

The thought of she ignoring me was still bothering me as I saw down,the rotating red lights of two police vehicles illuminating our  premises.I saw my grand pa also in the crowd which was slowly gathering.It was dark and I couldn't see the proceedings happening down there clearly.I went down anxiously dropping the cigarette and inquired my grand pa " What happened?"

"She was killed" came the reply.The police carried a body wrapped in white out of the house.

To be continued....






Comments

Popular Posts