Saw an angel among mortals(Episode -2[She gets Killed])

Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.


"She was killed" came the reply.The police carried a body wrapped in white out of the house.


It dropped an atom bomb in my chest.All I could see was blank.All I could hear was silence amidst the chaos.I wondered why should I be worried about a random girl I met few hours before.Was that justified? Perhaps,I built a castle of my kingdom with her as a queen and that castle was demolished abruptly.I was an anxious guy.If at all anxiety could generate electricity,I could supply electricity to the whole world.I puke whenever there was a panic attack.I tried to rush from the scene.As I was about to,I saw her pink carry on baggage on the small path of the front yard and Geetha next to it.Lo!!The sight of her brought back my life which was marching towards hell.She was consoling an elderly woman weeping,beating her head and shedding tears at the same time.Perhaps,her mother I thought.I went and stood close to her.She looked tired,the eyeliner made its way to the cheeks because of shedding tears.She looked at me.Her look contained various expressions.'How come you are here?','Look what happened'.

"Geetha,one minute",I asked expressing Geetha to come aside.
"What happened? I thought you were killed as you both look alike"  
"Yeah,we do.They killed my sister Madhuri" Geetha told crying.
"Who are they?"
"I don't know.We are a normal family.We don't have any enemies" shouted Geetha in a frustrated voice.

The cop came and interrupted.It's been three months I saw my Dad.
He gazed at me with the look of what the hell were you doing here.
"Geetha,we recovered the CCTV footage from the street pole.While she was entering the house,the killers  hiding in the bushes,closed her mouth and slit her throat from the back.After a while,we see that the two killers with masks were confused and clicked a close up photo of your sister.We will have to know more details from the lab"
Geetha started crying further after hearing how brutally her sister was killed.
"Geetha! do you have any suspects? It will help our investigation.Also,you will have to come to the police station to complete the formalities and receive the body after postmortem.Take care of your mom".He left the scene with a look. The look told "Go home.Mind your business"

It was 11 pm in the night and I sat with Geetha in her room.The room was full of pictures of Madhuri And Geetha together. Geetha was explaining details of her family and used me as a soundboard dumping her thoughts of what could have happened.I got a bit closer to Geetha. I saw my mother bringing food for Geetha and her mother.

Ting! Geetha's mobile notified of a FB notification that Madhuri had updated her profile picture.What??? What the Hell !
Ting! There was a message from Madhuri's profile to Geetha.
"Hi Babe!"

To be continued...



Comments

Popular Posts