Mom's Tadka(Popu) box

I came home starving from office a while ago. Poha is something quick I can make and survive for the night.While doing so,happened to open the tadka box bought by mom and around the same time a reminder popped up on my phone,the relation of which this article resulted in. 



'Ensure funds in checking account for Insurance automatic payment',displayed the phone reminder.Logged in to check the balance and as usual was short of funds.I had to transfer from the savings account to not be a defaulter.I do not know if you feel the same but a string quite deeper in the heart gets pulled and pinched when the savings balance lowers after the transfer.What shall we call that phenomenon? Any thoughts? I usually move some funds to savings account after each pay,following a quote reportedly from Warren Buffet 'Do not save what is left after spending; instead spend what is left after saving.' Of course,it gets moved back eventually. Ahhh...after doing that,you should see my face filled with pride and a sense of accomplishment as if the world is going to witness a next BIG thing in my form!!


That sense of pride and achievement.Matchless!!
   
Immediately,my twin brother flashes out of me in a filmy fashion and says 'Dude!chill,you haven't won the world cup for India'
Maintaining a standard savings  balance makes it to all my of new year resolutions without fail and I too give up without fail.I feel the wrath of it towards month end when the match goes right down to the wire in Ravi Shastri's words.
                                

The bank savings account may dwindle down but I got reminded of a savings account that never ever diminishes.I bet most of you also know.Any guesses? You are right!!

Mom's Tadka(Popu) Box

In childhood,I have no track of the record of how many umpteen times,mom came to the rescue with her saving account/overdraft protection account called tadka box to make ends meet towards month end when the checking account called fathers pocket went empty.I still remember the priceless expression my father gave when mom offered money to him once.Towards month end,the small savings in the tadka box used to help meet grocery expense,vegetables expense,milk expense,mine and my sisters daily evening snack expense.notebook and refills expense...........what not?.The assurance it gave to the family in times of need cannot be described in words.I have never seen her purchasing fancy personal things for herself.Don't you think mothers can, if they   wanted to? I don't know if all of the mothers know these micro and macro economics but they are the unrecognized family financial advisers and economists.Most men don't recognize that caliber,even if recognized do not encourage for reasons of their own.One thing always wonders me,how is this possible for them.What mantra do they possess? My reasoning faculty gave up and convinced me saying that they are mothers,their actions are solely based on the unconditional love and affection towards husband,children and family.These small savings are just one of the countless other things they do.Now,what can we do back to them?


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts